ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Room

5 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Coffee Room - Page 8 Empty Re: Coffee Room

Post  KAZ59 Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 am

Evening all

Barbara, I think you are doing a me. Thinking you did post but actually didn't.

Hope everyone has had a good day. We managed to get all the shopping done so thats good for another week. Barbara, after I saw you're post, I realized I should put a patch on. Just been dealing with the pain with tramadol. So hopefully things should improve over the next couple of days. Thanks Barbara.

Have a good evening everyone and shall see you tomorrow. Sleep well.

Night night.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Morning
Karen how are you, did the patch work...I dont have much joy with them, I hope you managed some sleep
I have just been to my neighbors and had my hair cut by our mobile hairdresser...I have not had much taken off but she colours it has well ...I bet ifI stop with the colour...it would all be grey now.... Laughing
The weather is quite nice.... sunny but freezing...tomorrow we are forecast snow again...just got the drive clear...
The injections aren't working has yet wiill let you know if they do
I do hope everyone is doing ok please let us know when you can..
See you later xxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Afternoon

Barbara, how long do they take to start working, do you know. I hope they do start doing something for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes, I did put a patch on. And when I went to bed I had some really bad pain. I think I had caught a nerve, it was from my back going all the way down. Woke this morning. The patches are doing their thing but I can still feel problems all round my back and hip area. Stabbing pains, and stinging pains. So, god knows what it would be like if I didnt have the patches on.

I have to take H to see her Pyschiatrist today and her councillor, and there is a two and a half hour difference so dont know what we are going to do.

I hope you are still resting Barbara. And I hope everyone else is doing okish at the mo. My thoughts are with you all.

See you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 am

evening
Oh Karen 2 appointments...I bet you are shattered...I really do hope they went well for you both....I am glad the help is there now at least..
Has for the pain like you say the patches will take the edge of it...but hopefully you have not done any damage...suppose there is no use telling you to see your GP...on top of everything else....
The injection are not working and the anesthetic has worm off so its all coming back.... Shocked
I hope you sleep well...see you tomorrow xxxxxxx

tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Morning
Karen I hope yesterday went well...like I said you must be shattered after 2 appointments...Hopefully it went well for Hayley....I am thinking about you all
Its is freezing...I had 2 hot water bottles in bed....and we are forecast lots of snow later on must say it is just starting to come down... Shocked
Me and hubby will be shopping in a min so hope it doesn't get to bad....3 GDs here tonight...we are minding the baby for a couple of hours...I say we I cant lift her so OH has to do that bit.....
Will see you later and I am still thinking of everyone...hope you have a goodish dayxxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 am

Good afternoon all

Barbara, Tony refused to let me go, he was worried over what happened the night before. And I was in pain even though I had the patch on. Even my left hip was joining in yesterday. But she did ok. They feel the anti-depps are working now, they see a difference. But they are going to decide whether she would benefit a slight increase so more of her problems would be easier.

Barbara, just wondering whether maybe the injections have kicked in now, or starting to.

Have a good time shopping, and hope you get it done and home again before to much snow comes down.

See you all later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am

Afternoon
Karen I'm glad Tony didnt let you go to the appointments...I am sure he is scared of you falling again....
I do hope the ADs help Hayley...and tell her not to worry about them they just replace chemicals that the brain is lacking..its just a mater of getting the dose right.
Done our shopping and the snow stopped but it is die in force around 4ish.... Shocked but we have not had it has bad as some have...
Right a cuppa before the girls come I think.....
See you later and keep warm xxxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Morning all (just about)

Hope you all had a good night sleep. I did. Tony didn't.

Barbara, did it snow any more last night. And how are you feeling. Are you back to your normal pain again.???? Lots of questions today eh.

Hope everyone has a good day and a good rest.

Shall see you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 am

Afternoon...or evening
Karen we had 6 inches of snow from 5 last night....our rd was more a less impassable...and our electric went off at 7 this morning till half hour ago...ooh what you cant do with out electric...we all had a good chat and a laugh ...hee the good old days...
Anyway Im here now and the snow is melting but the road is bad..and pavements...
I hope you are all keeping warm and not snowed in....xxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 am

Evening all

5 inches, Barbara. Thats a lot over night isn't it. And only just getting electricity back. You saying that, I do remember the old power cuts we used to have. Many an evening sitting playing games by candle light.

Well, hope you are nice and warm. Lets hope the snow goes very soon.

I am off to bed now, so shall see you all tomorrow. Have a good night sleep everyone.

Night night.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Morning

Hope you are all okish with all the snow. Barbara, I do hope you haven't lost your electricity again.

I am going to put the kettle on and make a cuppa. So if anyone comes in today they can make themselves a nice hot drink.

Thinking of you all.

See you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 am

Evening all..
Sorry Im late we went visiting my niece...she has been poorly
Karen the snow has nearly gone with all the rain we have had..apart from the piles at the side of the roads...and a large snowman on the drive... Laughing
The injections haven't work at all ...so I will have to see what the next step is
Karen I hope you have got some relief today...its a lot to ask..
And everyone else where are you...please let us know how you are ...we do worry...
might see you later xxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 am

Evening all

Barbara, glad you are ok. I was getting worried. When I say ok, you know what I mean. Sorry the inejections did not work. Will you have to make an appointment with your gp or is it the hospital. Is it the niece you go to lunch with. Hope she feels better real soon.

Glad all the snow is nearly gone. Lets hope thats the last of it now.

Hope everyone has had a goodish day.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:12 am

Hi Karen
yeah its my niece that I have dinner with...she has been poorly with her stomach for a while but doesn't want to have time off work...she works in a shop and there is only her in the day..
They mentioned my sacroiliac joint might want injecting...at the very bottom of your back...but I know these hips need doing... Sad I just wish they would do both at the same time...get it over with...I will get there
I do hope your neck and the rest isn't too bad...and that you get some sleep
Same to everyone else sleep well...see you tomorrow xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 am

Evening

Barbara, poor girl, hope you're niece gets better soon. I do wish they would make up their minds about whether it's your back or hips. All the time they are trying to decide, they are leaving you in really bad pain. Thats not good at all.

Hope you get a good nights sleep as well as to everyone else.

Coco, Elizabeth, Chris, Christine and John, hope you are all holding up and the weather is not affecting you all to much. You are always in my thoughts.

Sleep tight, night night.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Morning all ...The sun is shinning but rain forecast later..hope you all slept well
Karen to be honest between my back and hips it must be both of them ..the MRI I had on my back showed up a few probs..stenosi narrowing of a couple of disc and one is pinching the nerve..
today my house is a tip after having 3 GDs and one step GD here yesterday...so I will have or we will have to work our way through it all.... What a Face
So I will have a cuppa...and a ponder of what to do first....see you later xxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Morning all

Barbara, we have lovely sunshine too. It makes you feel good in itslef doesn't it.

We are going out today, me and Tony, going to look around and see if I can get hold of some Wheat bags or whatever they are called. We have decided we are going to Eastbourne, there's more big shops like Tescos and Azda and Matalan. Need to get H some new trousers and see what I can get for the youngest.

Have had no real sleep again. Far to uncomfortable last night. Back pain and neck and elbow. 2.30 and I gave up and went down stairs. So I think tomorrow I shall be upping the patches, see if that helps more.

Btw, forgot to tell you, Tony wrote a letter regarding his benefits they had stopped and we received a letter saying it had been reversed. So that is good news.

Shall see you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello Karen
Me and hubby was in Eastbourne when 9/11 happened in America....I would love to go back there....I remember how flat it was for walking about...and the lovely pier...hope you find the microwavable wheat bags.....
That is brilliant news about Tony,,,good for him..they just shouldn't be able to stress people like this
You have a good days shopping...and dont over do things xx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 am

Evening all

Barbara, still cant find those wheat bags. I will one day, honest. We ended up not going as far as eastbourne, we ended up in Ashford. Managed to get a couple of things of my list. It was one of those days where I just couldn't find what I wanted. One thing we did manage to get was a new rug for the kitchen. Keeps Tonies feet warm in the winter.

We were pleased about the benefit being reversed. And with no medical assessment, they just accepted what Tony had written. It's me next. I'm waiting for my assessment come up now.

Hope you've had a good day Barbara, and kept in the warm. The wind has really picked up around here.

Hope everyone else has had a good day.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 am

Evening all
Karen have you not got a wilkinsons there...the wheat bags are £3.50 or you can make them...stitch 2 lengths of material together..the ones I have are about 6inches wide and a foot long...I would make them longer for the neck...fill with dried lentils or similar...stitch up the end...and warm for 2 mins in a microwave...I sprinkle lavender water on them ...there are instruction on the net...
Im glad you had a good day...well at least you got anew rug.....
I hope you all sleep wellish see you tomorrow xxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Morning

Barbara, we dont have a Wilkinson anywhere near us. So might have to venture on making one myself. Well, with Tones help. But I am now looking at tens machines. Tony used to use them, so might be worth looking at.

The weather here is horrible. Raining and the wind last night kept my youngest awake.

Hope you are all okish. Shall pop back in later.

Have a good day.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Afternoon all
Were has the morning gone....
Karen I wish the wheat bags were lighter I could post you one...but the postage would be more that the bag.... Rolling Eyes
I have a tens machine that my son bought me...only a cheap one from the chemist...It didn't work for me, but I think I will give it another go...now the pain is worse it might make a difference....never give up eh
It really dark here and trying to rain...we have a carrot on the drive the only thing left from the snowman... Laughing
I'm rambling see it doesn't take much.... Shocked
I will see you later...hope you have a good day xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 am

Evening

Thanks Barbara, you are so kind. Tony has ordered me a tens machine. So I shall see how it goes with that. He has ordered it from Amazon, so will take about a week to arrive. Hope you've had a good day. How is you're neice doing, hope she is feeling better.

By the way Barbara, you do not ramble. I enjoy reading your posts.

Might pop back in later, but if not, have a good night and shall see you tomorrow.

Eveyone else, hope you have had a good day and just to let you know that I am thinking of you.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 am

Evening all
Karen they use tens machines in hospitals..so they must work for some...
I have had Niamh here tonight..it is DILs birthday...so they went out for something to eat...there no way I can mind heron my own now....so OH does all the lifting and I sing the songs...... Laughing my niece is doing ok thanks...its some sort of infection she has ...they can trace it back to a burger they had
Hope you get some sleep Karen
And everyone else I do hope you are doing okish....sleep well xxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Morning

Barbara, I had a really good night sleep, hope you did too.

Well, it's weekly shop day today, it comes round so quickly. Probably because I hate doing it.

Hope everyone is okish and have a good day. Sending you all hugs.

See you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next