ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Room

+3
tinkerbell
pottydotty
KAZ59
7 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coffee Room - Page 24 Empty Re: Coffee Room

Post  phoebe 63 Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi all,

appt went well and I even had a chest xray. I've been asking since last year and they promised to send me an appointment but it never arrived and when I reminded them they looked at me blankly. Have rearranged some appoinments as they were all out of sequence. Good day after all so will forget the morning blip walking up the road with untied laces and a noise sensitive son!

Going to have some cheesey bread and cheese and a coffee.

E x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

The injection is defrosting and will I will take it in about 15 mins. Thanks for the hug BTW.

I thought you were going out to a friends house Coco? Hope all goes well with the afternoon visitor.

No rain here and quite warm but cloudy but I think it is on its way.

They are lighting the Olympic flame today!

Exxxx
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 am

Hi E

Glad you had a good appointment hope the chest xray comes back ok for you after all infections you have had. Well done on getting the injection ready too. Yes I heard the torch being lit today. Still over excited by it all inspite of not getting the tickets I so so wanted. Have got the day off here when the torch goes up my road. Very Happy bounce

Barbara, don't be worrying lass but bless you for the email. You have seen the pocket thread now. I know you have alot of scary appointments coming up even without the thought of having to make another one for the scan, so hang in there.

Karen and E hope I am doing this scrabble thing right? Am never sure what all the questions are at the end re letting you know? Can I ignore them. Do let me know if it somehow pesters you. Tis all new to me, but fun thanks..

Coco hope the dog drying off ok? Always had self cleaning cats myself.. Very Happy Karen hope they weren't long haired guinea pigs The mind boggles Shocked

We are still with you Christine ((( )))
Chris xx
chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 12:51 am

Hi all
Elizabeth sorry I forgot to say good luck with the injection.....I do hope that your chest is clear when you get those results...
Chris honestly I really do blame the amys for my bad memory, its never been brilliant but since taking them it zilch... Shocked the others night I took my morning meds....and its goes on
Hope everyone is having a goodish day I havent been out today.....
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 am

Afternoon all

Barbara, do you still take the gabepentin, I'm sure I lost m brain even more when I wa on them, I refused to take them any more, thats one of the reasons I have the patches now. Mark you on saying that I still do have a brain like a sieve.

E, so glad your appointment went so well. I shall keep my fingers crossed for your result of the xrays.

Chris, your are doing fine on the word for friends, in fact your doing well. So dont you worry. And yes, it is fun isn't it.

Christine, hope everything is going ok with you. Hoping you will let us know how your appointment went today.

Coco, hope the visit is going well, or will go well. Let us know wont you.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 am

Karen I think you may be right...I have blamed the amys because of something it said on the internet, but my GP has just upped my gabapentin.....I will try and lower the dose to see how I get on...trouble is they work wonders on my back and leg pain....cant win comes to mind... Mad but its no good if I cant remember my name... Crying or Very sad
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 am

Hi Barbara

You are so right, it is better to have the pain under control. I think whatever we are put on there are funny side effects. As I said I am still forgetting things. I am on the sister one to ammys, and not sure whether the patch makes me forgetful as well. My daughter asked me this morning. Who rang up last night. I racked my brain thinking...well noone rang. Suddenly realised yes, my friend rang me. How awful that I could forget a friend ringing me the neight before.

Dont you worry, as long as they help. Barbara... we can all live a life of blissful ignorance. Mmn, that does actual sound quite good for me.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 am

Karen that was very good.....guess what I made chocolate chip cookies today for my youngest GD to take to school tomorrow...some fair they are having...I gave my GD one to try and she said grandma...were are the choc chips.... Shocked they are still there in the packet.....
I hope everyone are having a goodish evening...
see you later...cant you tell im bored ..... Sad
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 5:13 am

Oh Barbara.. What are we like eh. At least we can laugh about it.

karen xx Smile

ps...Coco,I'm sure I saw you earlier but I had to log off as I was coming up stairs. Hope everything went well for you and your son. And hope that your hands are not to bad today. Sending you hugs.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri May 11, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks for the pocket duties everyone.
Posted a report on there to let you know what happened.

Theres a large chocolate and cream cke in the chiller to thank you all for the support I love you x
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 6:23 am

Christine I have just answered your other post , you put your feet up and have a goodish evening you must be shattered
To everyone else I will say goodnight...I really do hope you all sleep wellish
See you in the morning xxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 7:24 am

Evening everyone

Christine. I have also left am message as well. And also popped in to say a good night to you all.

Coco, are you ok, I know your hands have given you probs over the last couple of days(well more than usual) If you are suffering then sending you a big gentle hug.

Right, see you all tomorrow and sleep well or as well as you can.

Night night

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm

morning everyone...
I do hope you all slept wellish
Coco I am hoping your hands are easing up for you..blinking Arthur never gives up does he...but neither do we.. Evil or Very Mad
Chris is it still a duvet day today...if so you have a nice rest you have earned one
Karen are the patches still working for you...and is Tony feeling any better..if not tell him I am thinking about him
Elizabeth I hope this morning gets off to a good start....and not like the other day..
Christine I am glad you are clearer on what you are doing re the injection..and wishing you well with it all
Is that everyone....I am sorry if I miss you out I dont mean to..
This morning I am sooo tired ...and everything seems to be hurting.....so wont be doing much..will see you all later..and there is a pot of coffee and tea waiting foir you all xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm

morning all, leaveing hugs for all and kettle on. hands are puffy and sore, yesterday was a **** day so will just leave it at that,

hope evrey one has a good day xxxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Coco, hug for you (((( )))) and also Chris (((( )))) who seems to have a rubbish health service in her area.

Thanks for reminding me about the injection I'd have forgotten again if it wasn't mentioned on here. I didn't have a good night but that was not through pain. The laptop did a 2 hour update so kept my Son awake until it had nearly finished. Then I just couldn't switch off.

I did a de-knotting hair session yesterday on my daughter. What stress and what hatred was poured in my direction but today she has only 2 knots left. The knots are like dreadlocks so I did have to cut some out but you cannot see which surprised me. I might have to cut those last 2 out. I slice them through the middle to release them otherwise she would have no hair left! She had a good hospital appointment on Wednesday too and is so much better with stomach issues. It is lovely to see her so well...she has hit 4 stone now and is getting some colour.

Weekend is almost here and I am going back to bed now to catch up much needed sleep.

chris the scrabble is going along fine. I send you a request when I've completed my word at the moment because you are new to the game. Karen will tell you how she had to nurse me through the early games.

I only manage a word or two a day and weekends I'm online less.

Have posted elsewhere and thankyou for the pocket duties. they were very much appreciated.

E xxxxx

phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I can hear alarms going off and I'm wondering if it is my daughters school .She freaks at alarms and so she will be upset if it is the school!

E x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Morning all

Hoping you all had a good night and feeling ready for today. Barbara, you make sure you take things nice and easy. If you feel so tired take a nap, there's nothing wrong with that.

Coco, so sorry you are having a bad time at the mo and that yesterday was such a ******day. My thoughts go out to you, and also I do think that you are the one in need of some big but gentle hugs (((((((()))))))), thats to be going on with, shall give you some more later to top you up.

E,hope you day has started well,as Barbara said, not like yesterday. I have my fingers crossed for you to have a good day.

Chris, another duvet day, take things nice and easy, you work hard and through pain I know, so you are well deserved for a big rest.

Christine, hope today is feeling for you a bit more of the light at the end of the tunnel. At least now knowing must make a difference,I know it doesn't make the pain any easier but you now know what to expect more.

In fact big hugs to you all. You all deserve them. You all keep on fighting, even when pain is so draining.

Tony is still in bed and I shall leave him there tillhis meds are due. I dont think he will mind if I tell you all that he was born with RA, he has struggled all his life with health problems, has OA now and a degenerative spinal condition. Been through countless ops for his spine. Now he has hit the point where there is nothing else really they can do. But he is a fighter and was told many years ago that he would be a wheelchair by now. But he is still walking when he can. He now takes Oxycontin, which is very strong stuff and has some really bad side affects. And so many other meds our cabinet is full of his. Sorry I have gone on a bit to much. But it does me good to get it of my chest as well.

Thanks for listening, he is my life.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Karen I wont say how sorry I am for Tony...bless him like you say he is a fighter.gosh he has so much to contend with its makes me feel like a wimp....please let him know we are all here if he wants to have a massive rant and get some of it out...I say it again what a lovely family you are...always there for one another....(((((((()))))) xxx those are for all of you x
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Morning all

Oh Karen my love. Do so hope Tony can get some relief from the daily battle there. I hardly know what to say but am so glad you have each other to find strength from. Gentle hugs always to both of you. ((( )))

Sorry it was a bad night for some of you again. Hope the hands are soon a little better Coco and that the army visit went ok yesterday though it sounds like you had a rough day and I do hope not more problems there? Hang in there ((( )))

Glad the appointments went okish for E and Christine and hope you can both have a rest today. E good to know your daughter doing better there but oh poor love with the tangly hair.

Barbara only you could make choc chip cookies without the choc chips! Laughing Hope you are having a less muddled day.

Tis still piddling down here and I must do some shopping. I stupidly said I would work at the shop Sat instead of Sunday this week to let the Sat girl have the time off for a course and am dreading it. It will be so much busier. Sorry to be a bit short this lappie is definately not so well just now and am having trouble staying on line.

Hugs to you all. ((( )))
Chris xx
chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi all

I hope I was ok to post what I did. Barbara, I didn't mean for you to feel a wimp because you are not. I know that a couple of you have asked what Tony had wrong and thought I would off-load at the same time.

E, I cant remember how old your daughter is. But my youngest is 13 now and I still have to wash and brush her hair every day. She just wont bother or just brush over the top of her hair but always leaves the front. I used to have to do te same with her. I am glad your daughter had a good appointment. Less stressy for you.

Chris, as E said dont worry how much you play because I just enjoy it so much. And I think you already have it down to a tee. It does take your mind off of things.

I have just received a letter from Physio, so shall ring and make anappointment. About time to.

See you all later, hope that you are all having a relaxing day.

karen xx Smile

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Afternoon all
Karen I dont mind one bit that you told us all about Tony,,I think it will do both of you some good to unburden yourselves....
Chris its not raining here but quite dull...I hope you get that shopping....honestly working Saturday...but if you are anything like me I would have been able to say no... Rolling Eyes you get some rest today or else....
Im sorry If I have missed anyone....Im not with it today...or any day come to that..... Laughing
Yeah chock chip cookies with out the choc chips...I warmed then up again in the oven and shoved some on top of them.....sure we wont win any prizes.... Laughing
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 am

Afternoon all

Shopping done and a wash spinning itself to death at the mo which is rather annoying since it just creates the dreaded ironing! Laughing

Karen glad you have heard from the physio do hope you don't have to wait too long to see them and that you get someone nice. They can be a mixed bag but you so need someone who knows about arthritis and not those jumped up sports physio's who haven't a clue about it. I have seen one of each and they couldn't have been more different so do say if you are not happy with the exercises they give you. Hope Tony is getting a decent rest today. ((( )))

Barbara the biccies will taste just as good. Very Happy Hey you will impressed Barbara. Very Happy Get so sick of cheap mince and stews when I actually turn the oven on. So to celebrate my Sunday at home with working Sat instead I have broken the bank and bought a whole chicken! Shocked Does anyone know how the chuff I cook it? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Coco hope you are resting up and that the hands easing off a little. ((( )))Hope you can have a relaxing and less stressful weekend and gather a few spoons. You too Christine and E after your busy days yesterday. E you had that injection YET!?

At least it has stopped raining here for the time being which is something. Take care all.
love
Chris xx

chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat May 12, 2012 2:40 am

Sorry Karen forgot to say earlier hope your physio goes well...I had a lovely one but she gave up on me... Rolling Eyes
Chris put it in foil and bung it on gas mark 5 20mins a pound....then check to see if juices are running clear...can we all come round...I will bring roast potatoes...... Very Happy
See you all later there are 2 GDs tonight....
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat May 12, 2012 2:41 am

Hi Christine

You are working tomorrow. Is that a permanent or just for this week. And you're having a chicken, are you going to roast with roast pots, the works. Can I come. .. Chris, I have to say on the words with friends, you are doing really well now. I amgetting stuck. Hope you are enjoying it as much as me.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 am

Hi Karen

Yes the Saturday swop is just a one off thank goodness, I got conned into doing a favour for someone as you do. Rolling Eyes Just hope it not too busy.
We normally take about just over £2,000 on a Sunday but it can be up to £8,000 on a Sat. EEK! At least I won't be upstairs on my own as usual.
Am lovin the scrabble but have had the run of letters this time so have been lucky. Think we might be out of E's now but will peek in a bit.

Barbara not sure Delia would be impressed but I am likin your style with the bung it in the oven bit. Very Happy Yes indeed juices to run clear I must remember that bit though I do have a tendency to cremate things to be honest so will try not too.You are all invited and I might even treat you to a stuffing ball with the roast tatties. Very Happy Can someone bring a pud?

Hope you have fun with the GD's tonight. Aren't they hair straigtheners!!!??? Shocked Oh no think that is GHD's Laughing (other hair straighteners are available)

Have a good evening all if you can. Hope Coco Tony and E are soon feeling a bit more rested and Christine have a good weekend if you can.

Will try and peek in after work tomorrow.
take care
Chris xx

chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next