ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Room

+3
tinkerbell
pottydotty
KAZ59
7 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coffee Room - Page 11 Empty Re: Coffee Room

Post  tinkerbell Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 am

Hi all
Thankyou Karen...the bloods have come back with just slightly rasped crp..think thats what its called....and still raised in the kidney thing...but does he do anything no...i honestly think it is just so they can say well they where being monitored..he look at my hand xrays again and my neck..he said the neck one is advanced..my left hand id the worsted...so I said yeah it will be there is nothing wrong with my right hand...so I bit the bullet and ask him could I have the new drug that stops the OA going any worse...calcitonin..you would have thought I had asked to borrow money Shocked he said it hasn't been tried yet...well I know it has and is being prescribed.
He did say he would look into it...so there you go...all those years at the gym did me a lot of good..sorry foir the rant
Karen how is Tony doing...I am still thinking about him...and you has well
Everyone else hope you are having a goodish day
Will see you later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:51 am

Hi Barbara

Good for you for asking though. I must admit, I didn't realise there was a drug out like that. So what does the doctor intend to do about your neck and hands. Is there anything he can do??

Tony is back over there today, I do so worry about him, he woke this morning in so much pain. And unfortunately I do have to rely on him for the weekly shop as we have 2 trolleys now from Tesco's. No one collects them any more. I know that does sound really petty and I am sorry for that. To be honest it is getting such a struggle now bringing a trolley home with full load of shopping.

I am shutting up now. I think I've gone on for long enough.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:18 am

Oh Karen I do hope he is okay...so you push a trolley from Tesco...I didnt know they did such a thing, but have I got it right they would collect them has well...we dont live near enough for that, but I have found..if I shop on line and get the cheapest delivery ...about £3...then I save money..it means we dont pick up things we wouldn't normally buy....is it worth you looking into
Hope he comes home soon safe and sound
Karen the drug was in the paper a couple of weeks ago, it is already being used for osteoporosis..it has been found to stop OA going any worse.
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 am

Hi all

Best be quick as don't want to be timed out for dawdling as I often do. Hope you have had a rest today coco and thanks for the cheery good mornings. ((( )))

Barbara glad you saw the doc lovey and think they will just be checking you before deciding what you need if anything. Well done on being brave to ask for the new stuff. We were talking about these new drugs (there are one or two different ones) at the last AC meeting here and although they are used for oesteoporosis and appear to slow OA down as welcome side effect, the problem is they are not yet licensed for use just for OA and only prescribed for oesteoporosis.. Will need clinical trials blah blah and could take 2 years or more so we may have missed that boat. Rolling Eyes Hope that makes sense. Bet he was impressed that you knew about them though, keep it up and demand eh! Hope you sleep better tonight.

Karen oh how I wish we could get trolleys home. Our supermarkets all have these barrier things in the pavement which lock the trolley before it leaves the area so you can't do it anymore. I always used to take mine back as I know you will but so many just used to dump them around here and I gather cost quite a bit too repace. Any news from the school yet? Hope you phoned them if not. Sending you and Tony a few more hugs too.

Sorry if I have missed anything here. Hope school was ok today Christine and that E is feeling a bit better.

Take care all ((( )))
Chris xxx

chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:58 am

Hi Chris and anyone else that pops in
Chris I hope today wasn't to hard on you, and thanks for the info on the meds, it a good job I didnt go in has Mrs no it all, he did say he would look into it...so fingers crossed they clear it for OA use very soon.
Tell you what I am using lavender oil....its my neighbour that has got me using it, she said to rub it on the parts that hurt... Shocked Rolling Eyes the bottle aint big enough.. Laughing anyway for 3 days I have used it on my thumb ...and I must say it is easing...all in the head who knows but I dont care if it works

Karen has Tony got home safe and sound tell him I am thinking about him
Coco Christine and Elizabeth hope today has been goodish for you and the pains aren't to bad
If I dont see you later sleep well everyone xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:08 am

Evening to all

Chris, I hope your day was not to bad, how are the biceps. We have gathered two trolleys which are outside our house. It does so worry me because it looks awful to other people and the girls are not willing at the mo to take them back for us.

There you go Barbara, youwern't imagining I did say about the trolleys coming home. They did try and stop it, well one new manager. So many people kicked up a stink and refused to shop there again, they soon allowed it back.

I do hope you have all had a good/goodish day. Shall see you later, maybe.

karen xx Smile

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 am

its me again..just to let you know I wont be on in the morning...we are going to a school assembly for our youngest GD...so I will be on in the afternoon
Night everyone sleep well..xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Coffee Room - Page 11 Animal384

Good Morning all

I hope everyone has managed some sleep and feeling ok today, wishing you all a good day, xxxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm

[img] Coffee Room - Page 11 C060 [/img] [img] Coffee Room - Page 11 G045 [/img]

kettle is on, xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Morning all

Coco, I would love a cuppa please. What a lovely way to ask may I say. How are you doing Coco, get the impression not good. Am I right or completely and utterly wrong.

I have a drs. appointment today so she better get herself comfy on her chair for when I arrive. lol.

It is really gloomy and chucking it down here. Really nasty. And I dont possess a brooley he he.

Dotty your potty is rubbing off on me me thinks.

Hope everyone is coping reasonably today, I know Barbara is at her GD's assembly today, so have fun. Enjoy.

Stay warm and stay inside today, see you all later.

karen xx Smile

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Good morning.

I'm really exhausted at the moment and can barely function so I'm going back to bed. I slept through yesterday from 10-3 and then rested again after cooking for the children . Son left his homework to the last minute but as it was maths he did well and didn't need my help.

Hugs and a bucket of energy in the corner next to the fireplace. Sorry not read back.

E x

phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:14 pm

morning Karen, PD, and Elizabeth
Im back...half the children are ill so all we could hear was coughing...bless there are some awful bugs going around here...chest infections and a sickness bug ...the headmistress said if there are any sighns of feeluing sick please keep them off school has it is very bad...
Karen it is pouring down here...hope all goes well at the doctors...and they give you the time you need
Elizabeth...I hope you manage some sleep today...not sure what it is but I have started to get up feeling tired...roll on summer again
Coco rest time for you ...all that running around when you are in pain must really take it out of you
Wont be doing much today apart from housework.. Crying or Very sad
today I will be making soup...potato and leek..I made it a few weeks ago and it was awful...so I will give it one more go...
See you all later..hope everyone has a goodish day xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Afternoon all

E, I do so hope you start feeling a bit better very soon. You must be on a very bad one you. Loads of gentle hugs for you.

Barbara, glad you enjoyed your assembly all be it a bit depleted. Lets hope that you dont come down with anything.

Well, I went. She's sending me to physio for neck, back and hips. Also put me on a new drug in patch form. I have to leave it on for one week, if I feel the need I can put two on. Coco, she said that tingling feeling is very common with the arthritic neck. I am also contacting social services to see if they can help us in any way. Blood pressure sky high again, but considering I am under so much stress at the mo, she said it is understandable. So there you go. I think I did cover everything. She will put me back on the ammy's but wants to see how the patches work for me first.

Hope that you are all resting this afternoon. Also me and Tony did the weekly shop and Hayley had to bring in the shopping. I forgot to take any pain killers with me. When I say I hurt, thats an understatement.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 am

afternoon Karen you do seem to have a good GP, it makes a big difference when they listen to you, apparently the patches are very good and when you think they are not damaging your stomach.
Has for social services Im glad you are contacting them, it will open alot of doors to you, when I was looking after my mum and dad they where a great help with adaptions for the house and even looking into the money thing to see if they where due to anything else
Is it cold where you are it is blinking freezing here, right I had better get tea on....any ideas.. scratch
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:49 am

Hi all just popping in to say I hope you all have a goodish evening and that you all sleep wellish...my GD needs the comp...at least she does her homework so I cant grumble....
So I will see you in the morning xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 am

Hi all

Barbara, you have a good evening too. Hope you manage to get a good night sleep. Shall see you in the morning.

To everyone else, have a good and relaxing one and hope you all get a goodish night sleep.

Shall see you all tomorrow. Take care all.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Morning all

I do hope that you have all had a goodish night and ready/readyish for the new day.

I've had another lousy night, second one in a row now. Have just finished doing a pile of ironing so thats a positive point. It is a nice feeling to get these jobs out of the way isn't it.

In whatever you are doing today I hope you enjoy it.

Shall see you all later. Take care.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 pm

morning
I hope everyone is doing okish...
Karen you poor thing ironing in the early hours...like you say at least you got it out the way....now today you get some sleep..
I didnt do to bad last night....dreaming I was on hols...not in Spain or anything but at Butlins with the girls.. Very Happy Very Happy
we had a call last night that a very dear friend has died...it was her sister that rang...and she was working her way through her phone numbers...it is very kind of her to let people know...she was only 59.. Shocked
Today I am hoping toi go out with OH not sure were...but there wont be much walking
Will see you all later...the kettle is on ....xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Good morning all,

i hope you manage some rest today karen, tinks i hope you are ok and have a good trip out.

Hope evryone else is holding up ok.
I have someone from dans camp popping in this morning, better have some useful info or i might just string him up lol, sorted out all my kitchen yesterday, decluttered the draws and sides, then went through loads of paperwork and shredded loads so i now have more room for new junk Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing ,

hoping to have a quiet afternoon this afternoon, been called back for another medical with atos in a couple of weeks for my esa Crying or Very sad , im dreading it already, so fed up with it all.

kettle is on xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

The ironing pile won't do itself will it Karen? I have a few bright spells an hour here or there so I go ballistic and catch up! I had to hoover and make 1 bed yesterday. At some point I have to sort something out for the council offices and the deadline is looming but I'm just not 100%, not even 10% at the moment!

Going to take my injection today as can no longer cope with constant pain in various joints.

Wish me well.

Hope everyone is okay and don't forget to chat if you need to offload!

E xxxxxx cheers
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Morning girls

Only just awake here today. Embarassed and it is pouring with rain again!!!

Well done on the ironing Karen and the decluttering Coco. I don't do either often enough so hope you feel you are getting there and feel you have a achieved a few chores out of the way. Hope the meeting not to tough and they are finally doing something coco without you having to them their job again. Grrrr!

Try and get a snooze if you can Karen hope the patches are helping?

E do hope the injection gives you some relief there today without making the cough worse.

Barbara stay warm out there and enjoy your trip out. I will be doing as little as possible today.
take care
Chris xx
chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Chris

Good to see you. Hope your day is being ok for you. I had a nap and woke with a migraine or have I already told you that. I dont know lol what am I going to do with myself.

We still have not heard anything from Hayley's school. Talk about taking their time. I reckon they are doing it on purpose. Are you at work this sunday Chris?

E, I do hope the injection is starting to work for you. I dont know much about them, how long do they normally take to start helping you.

Putting the kettle on, would anyone like to join me in a cuppa and maybe a bikkie or two or three. Very Happy

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 am

afternoon all... Karen its disgusting how Hayleys school is treating you...I hope they come up with some answers very soon
Chris hope you have managed a good duvet day..it must be so nice knowing you don't have to go to work...you enjoy
Coco I hope the meeting is constructive...they are making life hard work for you and your son...its disgusting how our soldiers are treated
Elizabeth...good luck with the injection I do hope it brings lots of relief...
Anyone heard off Christine...I am hoping she isn't finding work too hard...
I did get out but I am shattered...just little walks do that now...but at least I get out and I am grateful for that.. Very Happy
Come home and next doors cat has killed the wood pidgeon that was nesting in out tree...wait till I see it.. Mad
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:40 am

Oh Barbara

What a shame about the wood pigeon. Lets hope you get another bird move in then. They are so lovely to watch arnt they.

Coco, hope everything went well this afternoon. I am sure if you were not happy you made surethey knew. They can try and pull the wool over but not with you. You son hopefully realised how lucky he is to have you.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:38 am

hi all, i think ive been logged in all day Embarassed but not been on here all day. so i hope no one thinks ive been ignoring them,

we have had quite a day i can tell you, will put the kettle on before i start.

i hope everyone is ok, E i hope the injection starts to help soon, you really are having a rough time at the moment.
Tinks im sorry to hear about your wood pigeon, blooming cat Evil or Very Mad
chris and christene i hope you are both ok and the day is being kind to you,

tony i hope you are holding up ok, sending buckets of strength.

kettle is boiled so cuppas are ready
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next