ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Room

+3
pottydotty
tinkerbell
Cstars
7 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coffee Room - Page 5 Empty Re: Coffee Room

Post  KAZ59 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 am

Afternoon all

Hi E, nice to see you there. Glad you are still having a good couple of days or so. And I certainly dont mind you sending your love to Tony as well. He is a part of this forum although he hasn't been arround for a while. And he does so appreciate it. I must admit that I have noticed over the last couple of days, less pain. Which is lovely, wonder how long this will last, But I am getting things done around the house. E, I'd love to join you for a cuppa.

Hope you are all having a good day so far.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:38 am

Evening all
Packing for kids...never again...I keep saying this..I put one thing in she takes out and put two things in....she cant grasp its going to be raining and windy....they do canoeing ,climbing, trekking...and what does she want to put in....well I think you can guess....anyway we are getting there in a fashion.... What a Face dont you just love um
Right I am going to put my feet up.....
Karen I am glad your pain is a little better...now dont overdo things
Elizabeth.....making a will is something we havent done....not much money but we do have the house....
See you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 am

Hey Im impressed with your Latin Elizabeth! Very Happy queen elephant albino
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:43 am

Evening all

Right..I am logged in...and I am on the right thread tonight.

Christine, hope you've had a good day at school. And to everyone else, hope you all have had a good day. Coco, I know you'res has not been so good, so you make sure you relax now. I am going to lay down now. Feeling rather pleased with myslef at the mo. I have had no pain killers today, first day in....years. But as Tony has said, I must not count my chickens. We shall see over the next couple of days. Have any of you ever experienced the same, because although pleased I am shocked.

Hope you all get a good night sleep and shall see you tomorrow.

Night night

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 pm

morning all. it is wild out there, just dropped terri off she is hiking up the brecon beacons till sunday and camping, god help them, they get dropped off before lunch, have to hike to there camp site, set up camp, then hike all day tomorrow to there next camp site , this part they do as a small group no adults , then they camp saturday night and hike out on sunday. its going to be hell for them. i have faith in terri as she is used to camping but god knows how she is going to manage carrying her heavy bag she is tiny,

yesterday was a night mare day with one thing and another.

hope you all have a good day xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Morning
Coco I have just waved my youngest GD off to PGL in Shropshire...it is terrible weather..they come home Monday I do hope its not raining all weekend....when her sister went a few years ago it was glorious sunshine....gosh I do worry about them....
I wont be going though the door today...so had better get some jobs done....
Chris if you are at work today .....I hope its not too hard on you....smuggle me some fudge will you...Im in one of those moods.. Very Happy
Have a goodish day everyone
See you later xxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Morning all
Im off today, post medication day... but thats it

I was so violently ill last night I wont be taking it again.

Putting up with pain and tiredness is enough , but this stuff is taking 2 days out of my weekand throwing in another thing to deal with...no thanks ..we are over! No

After such a good start too!

Poor girl in the rain...bet they have fun though.

stay good
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm

morning all

Really sorry to see that Christine and hope you feel a little better soon and get support today from your doc or rheummy before deciding to say never again! But I do understand your point and hope E or others can advise to give you some hope as to what next if anything. Hang in there. ((( )))

Coco sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, hope things get sorted and less stressed soon and that Terri enjoys the camping and doesn't get too muddy. I'm guessing the army still giving you grief but do hope not.

Barbara glad your GD got packed eventually too and fingers crossed she has fun and that both her and terri get some better weather. No work for me today Barbara until the shop Sunday, I will leave some fudge for you

Karen well done on the day without the pain killers, just hope that it not a one off and things are better generally. Is it physio today or next week? Hope it goes well whenever and that you have some good news for Hayley soon.

Hope the kids doing ok for you E and that the OH is helping out these days. Did Dan get his new carer?

Take care all and stay in the dry if you can. ((((( warm )))))
Chris xx
chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Hope your days are going well for you in whatever you are up to. I am late again. Was up at 5 but once Kim had gone went back to bed for a while.
Coco, I do hope your day is going better than yesterday, it is a struggle isn't it when you try and get things worked out for your own. And Hope that Terri has a marvelous time. I used to love doing things like that when I was her age. But nowadays when it's your own you do worry dont you. She'll have a great laugh, good or bad weather. And that goes for your GD Barbara, she will really enjoy it, rain or shine. They will both come home with some amazing stories.

Chris, hope your reasonably ok at the moment, have you recovered from your high 5 with that muscle man yet??? You take it easy and look after yourself. You look out for everyone else, you look out for yourself.

E, hope things are going ok for you and as Chris asked, have you a new carer yet for your son.

Christine, I am sorry that the new meds are causing you so much upset. It really does sound awful. Lets hope the Rheummy can help you out with something more or give you tabs to counteract on those meds. My thoughts are with you.

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Afternoon already....Iv only made a bed.. Embarassed
Still raining hard here....come on summer we are waiting.. Laughing
Christine..Im so sorry the meds have made you ill, like you said you did so well....its just not fair, I do hope there is something else you can try ...or have you had enough
Karen...are you still doing well...and you are right I bet she is having a brilliant time....but poor teachers.. Shocked
Chris Im glad its a day off......let you get some energy together for Sunday.....thanks for the fudge....
I had better go and get something done....any help greatly appreciated... Laughing
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Hugs Christine,

Is it the methotrexate? It can make you feel dreadful but they don't like you to stop taking it unless you have a reaction of some sort. It used to be 2 days of hell, wake up on the 3rd day feeling wonderful compared to the days before, then a couple of nice days, then worrying about taking the mtx again then 2 days of illness......

I must say the anti-sickness pills have worked out well.

I have got an ambiguous letter today about the respite care for my Son. It says it wasn't successful but a further meeting will take place 3rd July and someone will contact me about after school clubs. I have phoned them and asked they contact me before 3rd July as I made it clear I do not want after school clubs because of the timings for the other children finishing school. At the moment we manage because Dan gets home transport and he wouldn't get that with after school clubs. We'd have to fetch from miles away.

I also don't need after school clubs. I have respite throughout the day when they are at school. It is the holidays I find really difficult. I just want a couple of hpours a week, add it up so I can pay for special carers(£11 per hour).

The current thinking is DLA will cover everything so the council are almost pulling out of everything but the most severe cases.

Had enough black coffee to last a life time yesterday but it is meant to be good for losing weight. Thankfully we got a pint at 3 as I missed my tea.

Chris did you report about the torch?
Have I missed it?

Elizabeth xxxx
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Oh no just had an email saying he has a 2 and a half hour English exam next week and has to take notes in to write an essay. This is going to require a ton of input from me.

E x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 am

Hi all
Elizabeth I do wish you well with it all, you just want the best for your son, and they should help you get that
Are my eyes going funny or is there two coffee shop threads.... Shocked not sure why
Its still piddling down here...and very dark...I have just cleaned a couple of windows ...what a waste
See you all later xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

Thanks everyone.
Eliz.. it is the methx, really cant tolerate sickness, so will be asking for something else, I cant afford to feel like this incase Emily goes into labor....I would not have been able to go with her last night ..if I had they would have sent me home the state I was in.

PGL in the rain too! but they will still enjoy it.

Eliz the funding is going that way here too....my 1:1 child does not have a diagnosis but is certainly autistic mum didnt want her to have the ADOS again last year and now this may result in the funding being taken away as only some ASD children are are getting it here.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 am

Just had a text from the teachers they have landed safe and sound...I think the motorway traffic was bad because of the weather...so I am relieved
Still raining hard... Shocked
Will see you all later xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 am

Hi all
Im just popping in to say goodnight, before my son and his partner come round with fish and chips, if I eat chips at this time I wont sleep, but its good of them to offer bless...she is eating for two...in fact she can have mine... Laughing see you all tomorrow ...hope you all sleep wellish xxxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 am

Evening all

Barbara, you have a lovely evening and enjoy what you can eat of the fish and chips. Glad your GD arrived safe and sound. Sleep well and see you tomorrow.

Christine, I understand where you're coming from. Your daughter needs you as it nears her date. Surely there must be something else they can offer with does not make you feel so ill.

As you know our Kim is a.d.h.d, we do get dla for her, but thats it. She does sometimes through the academic year get a group of lessons which are to help her. But to be honest, I dont think they help at all. And it is expected that the dla is used purely for groups etc. Nothing on top at all. In fact, nowadays it is really hard to get a child diagnosed down this way. I know parents with children that it is so obvious but the hospital still tryes putting them off. We were lucky, had the questionairre along with the school, went to have her accessed and was told straight away. We did refuse medication at first as as she got older we had to. She plods along, sometimes in her own little world.

Anyway, sorry I went on a bit there. Feeling really peeved. Lack of pain killers got me so excited. But it is coming back more each day.

I am going to have to log off. N.C.I.S is due on and it is the last of the series. Should be really good. Might be back on later. If not have a good nights sleep and shall see you all tomorrow.

night night just in case.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Good morning one and all

Hope you all had a decent night sleep. At the moment it is dry here but for how long it's anyones guess. Hope you all have a good day in what ever you decide to do. I haven't a clue at the moment. Probably nothing as per usual. Funds are very short at the mo. As I should think we are all.

Barbara and Coco.. have you heard from your girls at all.

Anyway, have a lovely day and all of you keep your chins up.

See you later.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 pm

morning all
Karen the teacher text yesterday to say they had arrived ok...they come back Monday afternoon so we will hear all about it.....
No sleep here Im afraid...gosh it feels like every joint is joining in....not a clue what is going on...
You have a good day whatever you do
yip its dry here...so will be going shopping..... so excited... Laughing
Have a good day everyone whatever you do
will see you all later xxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 pm

I know how you feel Christine but I think they will try to encourage you to continue so be prepared to tell them how you feel. I have run out of mtx, my new order will be ready on Tuesday.

I am due to take my wonderful injection now. The boys are out and Lucy wants to make a cake.

I have read through so can see some of us are child free, most of us feel ill or tired or both.
My love to you all.

one last thing...Karen I have never found a green tea that tastes refreshing. They all taste a bit bitter. What is yours like?

E xxxxxx
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi E

I tryed Green tea with lemon, first in BHS, have now gone onto that tea. Also have green tea with lemon and ginger, that one is really nice. Would be a really warming drink on a cold day. They are all tea bags. You should try the lemon one though really nice.

KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 am

Afternoon...hubby went shopping...I just cant get about with these pains down my thighs....and mu blinking back....its not like me to let the pain win...but the bugger is...
Elizabeth ...hope your day is going well...I have tried green tea...and cant get used to it
Karen....I am sorry the pains are appearing again...its just not fair....I hope they ease up again
Chris...how are you doing..I hope you get some rest before work tomorrow...
Christine hope the sickness has eased off....its a begger when the cure is worse than the pains
Coco how is that little doggy going on.....hope your daughter is having a good time...
Right Im off for an hot shower to see if that works
See you all later xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 am

Where do you get your tea bags from Karen. Its just I have tried so many and end up binning almost a whole box and that annoys me. Many years ago I had tea in a chinese restaurant and it was perfect but have never been able to find the same lovely taste since. I think it was a jasmine tea. I have had nice green tea in restaurants but again never been able to buy a lovelt similar tasting tea bag. My daughter tells me there is a large chinese store on the way to London where you can buy small samples.

I am starving. I've had my injection and sat tapping away ever since, listened to my fave radio show and watched live stream of British gymnastics championships. I'm now browsing through some emails.

Any food left overs around?

E x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 am

Afternoon all

I have written this all out once, but accidently deleted it all. ha ha. What does that make me Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes

I said, Barbara, I am sorry that you are suffering so. Maybe a hot shower will help, I hope so. And yep, all pain coming back again, resisted till today for pain killers. But not got a patch yet. I think the patches send me doolally.

E, glad you have a day with just your radio stations and your gymnastics. You need a break at times dont you. I will find out about the green tea, I know one of my teas I by from Tescos is Twinings, shall let you know about the other one.

There are two people who, I have not seen around at all today. Coco and Chris. Christine, I know that you are busy so please dont be affended that I didn't mention you. (Hope you are feeling better now by the way)

Coco, have you heard from your daughter, how is she doing. How are you doing???

Chris, Are you ok, havent heard from you either, hope you are not suffering to much at the mo. You know what I am like. Dont I drive you round the twist with my worrying.

See you all later and have a good afternoon.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 am

Hi all
thanks Karen
Im back on my feet again today but it hasn.t changed my decision not to take it again....there doesnt seem to be any point if it comes back up again(sorry No ). pale

I will have to see what else can be done.

much love all.

Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next