ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi StoreyCar Parks

4 posters

Go down

Multi StoreyCar Parks Empty Multi StoreyCar Parks

Post  seroposi Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 am

Is it me or am I not alone?

Had to go to Ilford this morning and parked up in the Shopping Centre car park.

Did what I had to do and on the way back could'nt remember on which level I had parked. Felt bit of a plonker after going to 2 levels but eventually found it ! 'confused'

seroposi
seroposi

Back to top Go down

Multi StoreyCar Parks Empty Re: Multi StoreyCar Parks

Post  tinkerbell Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 am

John you are not alone..my hubby has a phobia of multi story car parks...honestly I dont tell a word of a lie.... Rolling Eyes we went on hols to Dorset, quite a few years ago now...and yes we had to use one... he didnt like them before this happened...could we find the car...the weather was in the 80s...do you remember that weather.. Laughing
In the end we had to ask for help...so there was 4 of us looking.....never again...and he has kept tp his word.
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  seroposi Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:40 am

Thank you Tinkerbelle for restoring my confidence. I thought I may be having one of those....errm.......age moments.

If it's the summer I think it was, it would have been about '76 ish ( I know I know, it's impolite to ask a lady to indicate their age ;-) !) The sun just shone and shone. I was doing a diy job at the time installing central heating and the loft was just oh oh so hot. I think also, it was the summer I saw Neil Diamond at Woburn Park and it sure was a Hot August Night.

I know where your husband is coming from. And having found the car one then needs a satnav to navigate to the exit !
seroposi
seroposi

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:09 am

Hi barbara and John

Boy...do I remember that summer. I worked in offices within a hospital. I dealt with the wages of dentists, doctors and opthelmics. It was the family practitioners committee. And we were allowed to start at some rediculous time in the morning to be able to leave at midlday. My giant bunny rabbit died of that heat. Poor thing.

And I do remember my dad, always losing his car when we went into town on a saturday. Oh, those were the days of fitness and fun. ( not that I am not happy now, of course I am, well most of the time, pain permitting)

Right, I am going to have a cuppa and take a walk down memory lane for a while.

I dont think I will be on any more tonight, left hips and generally left side is being rather nasty to me at the mo, so taken pain killers and and sleeping tabs, I dont intend to be awake for much longer. Have a good evening and a good night sleep and shall see you all tomorrow.

Night night.
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 am

Hi Karen and John
I do remember 76...the car saga was a bit later than that...but oh the weather like you say it went on and on, I remember them coming round with stand pipes....and I was panicking thinking how on earth will I queue with two little children...anyway it rained before we had to use them... Laughing I was 26...there you go.... Embarassed gosh it seems like yesterday...I don't think.. Laughing
See you have got me rambling now...I will see you all tomorrow xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  seroposi Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 am

Hi Barbara & Karen,

Yes, yesterday does seem just a blink of the eye. I still have the mind of a 26 year old ( well, I think so but don't think the children will agree ) but guess the body has other ideas' !

John
seroposi
seroposi

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:11 pm

1976 was brilliant. I even enjoyed going to school!

Was tanned, slim with bleach blonde hair....fell in love with everyone and I think they reciprocated!

I hate Multi storey car parks too but as we very rarely go shopping nowadays it isn't a problem. The last one we used had blue badge parking on the ground floor so we got a great space.

Elizabeth x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum