ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Duties

+2
KAZ59
pottydotty
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pocket Duties Empty Pocket Duties

Post  pottydotty Sun May 06, 2012 4:28 am

we all like to have someone in our pocket when were of to the drs etc so this thread is for those such requests/answers to pocket duties x

Pocket Duties Hand
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Pocket Duties Empty Re: Pocket Duties

Post  KAZ59 Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Coco

Sorry... I have only just seen this one. And again you have come up with a great idea. Just wondering whether to ask Tony to make it more easily visible to everyone.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Thu May 10, 2012 6:59 pm

if im wrong im sorry, im foggy headed this morning but im convinced our chris is at the hossy today, i am climbing in her pocket anyway so you know where to find me, if i have got the wrong date then give me a nudge. good luck chris were with you honey xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Coco

I think Christine was due for her hossie appointment today for the scary MTX and E had a rhuemmy appointment. It is kinda busy just now for everyone. I will jump in a pocket for them both ((( ))) Fudge and biccies at the ready.

It was finally my FIRST appointment with the psychologist (21 months and counting!) at 11.30 a.m. today. BUT...........

you all know what is coming here!?. I got a phone call at 9.30 today to say he had phoned in sick and they will be in touch. I honestly despair at it all now. Sad Sad Why is this happening to me?????

Courage and cope to Christine and E today
love
Chris ((( )))
chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Thu May 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi there

Chris, first off, I am so cross for you that is. What are they playing at. And I was right that I thought you were to have an appointment today. They need a good kick up their backsides. Sorry Chris, I know how much this all means to you.

Secondly, I shall be in the pockets of Christine and E, so push over Chris and Coco, and give me some of that lovely fudge please. I am peckish.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 pm

im shuftin over so theres plenty room, and fudge.

i hope all goes well for E also,

chris i am so annoyed for you lovely, i wish i was near by then id be round with a hug and some chocolate cake, a cuppa and we could rant away and put the world to rights,
sending you some cope honey xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Sorry guys, thanks for the support. Too stunned and shocked to speak about it really.

Having trouble posting the lappie has sticky key syndrome today and taking ages to type at all. Mad Grrr!

Do hope all going well for Christine and E? At least they will see we have been thinking of them. ((( ))) Calm thoughts to you both. Let us know how things go?

Help yourselves to the fudge before Barbara gets here and scoffs the lot! Laughing Laughing Don't want you feeling icky Barbara.
Did anyone bring a flask of tea to wash it down with?

Will send this quick before the lappie overheats again.
cope and courage Christine and E
Chris xx

not my day at all just to tried to post this and realised I wasn't logged on, so trying again fingers crossed. Rolling Eyes

chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Oh no Chris I have only just seen this...for god sakes it is going worse...its just not fair...sending you lots of hugs...and I am fuming for you.. Shocked at least the fudge was good...but there wasn't much left when I got to it.
Christine I do hope you had a goodish appointment ...well has good has they go...I suppose this is the scary bit for you...but dont forget we are all here.
Take care both of you xxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri May 11, 2012 5:12 am

Firstly Chris I just cant believe that they could treat you like that sending you some ((())) Have you contacted PALS.?

Thank you for the good wishes and pocket duties, hope you didnt get too wet in the downpour.

The nurse was lovely explained lots and talked me through my fears.
I needed to have bloods done and chest xray and lung function...I hate being investigated, it stresses me out, glad I didnt know they did that or I would have worried. Anyhow the bloods have made a mess of my arm again,the chest xray was very quick I was very impressed with the service.

The lung function boosted me they calculated the figures for my age and I scored above giving me 122%, 117% and 110% on the three tests, so at least somethings working ok.

The nurse offered me an intramuscular steroid injection 1 a week for three weeks, she said it would boost me and help the fatigue...I held off and said I would have it when I see her in 2 weeks for the results and decision about them giving me the Methx.

I have had steroids into the joints but never heard of these ...has anyone else had them I wonder why I have never been offered them before.

Thanks again my friends hope you are all ok will read back over the weekend, Im doing no Very Happy

xthing this weekend only things for me!
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 6:20 am

Christine it is lovely to hear from you, at least you have had a good mot, sorry but I havent heard of the injections, hopefully Elizabeth will be able to help.
I do wish you well with it all, and like I say we are always here.
You take care
Barbara xxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 am

Hi Christine

So pleased everthing went ok for you. I am sure I have missed something along the line. Are you suffering with RA now as well. But they seem to be really looking after you. And your lung function were good. I was meant to have them but I chickened out. So I think you are brave on having them.

Hope you do feel a difference once you start having the injections.

karen xx Smile
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri May 11, 2012 7:41 am

The last updated diagnosis was
Asymetrical seronegative psoriatic arthritis.... the have never mentioned the negative going positive , but Im getting flares in places I didnt have them before.

Thanks everyone
I have googled it and there is some info on AC so think Im going to go for them. Looks like they can help get the methx working.

x
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Christine
I am glad you have got the information you needed, it does make a big difference when you know what you are up against.
You take care and please let us know how you are doing xxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Chris I don't believe it! He phoned in sick! That place is a shambles. how much is private consultation? I expect it is pricey!

My appointment went well as I finally got my chest x-ray. The lady who took the xray was lovely as her Mum had R.A. bless her.

I hate investigations too but i have had 2 winters mostly off Humira so need to check the chest. I'm also going to need a breathing test. I also sorted a follow up orthotics appointment as had missed my appointment in April due to feeling so ill and although i telephoned them before hand to let them know, I hadn't received another appt in its place. I told them I thought they'd got the strop which of course they denied.

With steroid injections Cstars I've had them direct into the knee, a bit uncomfortable and they also took out loads of fluid but I had amazing results immediately.

Very tired and hardly had any sleep.

Elizabeth xx
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  chris7 Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Christine

Glad you had a goodish appointment and some thinking time to mull things over. Would it be tablets or injections for the MTX? Do hope E and others can give you some advise and support. Not sure what those muscle injections are either though like you some of the peeps from my local AC meetings have had the joint ones which I was offered for the hip. Makes me smile they always seem to do best of 3 for things like lung function and BP but well done on the good lungs. Do let us know when you need to go back and hope they do look after you.

E hopefully you can get your other appointments back on track now and that you can rest up today after a bad night there. Hope the injection yesterday gives you some relief.

Take care all. Gentle hugs
Chris xx

chris7
chris7
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for replies
Elizabeth, I dont think they are the same thing..IVe had them in the joints too.
I think they are more like what sports people take by the sounds of it, googled it and came up with depomedrone, there is a thread on AC from ages ago too. Sounds like the thing I have always dreamed of Smile

x
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Christine I had the depomedrone injection in my knee a few years ago when I first started with Arthur...it didnt hurt just a strange feeling with it.
It didnt help because we found out it was referred pain from my hip
Elizabeth Im glad you appointment went well...its does help when they are understanding....with her mother having RA.....
Take care both of you xx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm

The injections sound promising then Tink if they don't hurt.

E x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Cstars Sun May 13, 2012 2:46 am

The injections are in the bum.

They are specifically to help with the fatigue I understood.
x
Cstars
Cstars
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Sun May 13, 2012 4:20 am

Hi Christine I definitely had it straight into my knee....maybe with it being steroid based it will have quite a few uses....I do wish you well with it....let us know how you get on xx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Think the bum is preferable to the knee IMO!

E Very Happy
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  pottydotty Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm

if im right and can remember correct from reading yesterday our barbara needs pocket duties today, so im in, chris7 is in here, ive promised not to fidgit to much so there is plenty room,

thinking of you honey xxx
pottydotty
pottydotty
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Thankyou sooo much believe me it is helping...you have my permission to give me a slap on the back when I open my mouth and nothing comes out.....every appointment I get nearer to surgery...uif I thought it would rid me of pain I would go in tomorrow...but there aint much they can do with my back ...only more injections.
I will see you all later ....xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm here too.... Good luck Tink.

Elizabeth x
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbell Thu May 24, 2012 4:43 am

Pocket duties for our Chris...hope I have that right..and our Christine...I will be in you pocket tomorrow...with loads of good vibes and hugs ((((((())))) xxx
I do hope that everything goes to plan for both of you
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: