ACP Coffee Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RA is all in the Mind

5 posters

Go down

RA is all in the Mind Empty RA is all in the Mind

Post  seroposi Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 am

I know Mind over Matter can be an attribute but I take this article rather demeaning:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2165817/How-counselling-help-ease-pain-victims-rheumatoid-arthritis

I'll remember next time my feet ache to bits, my hands stiffen up and pain, fatigued so much I have no interest that I must adopt a more positive mental attitude. Perhaps jumping up out of bed of a morning shouting ' Yippee ' will help!

Rant over, sorry folks but I do wonder sometimes if people who write such articles experience it ( and other issues ) for themselves.

Sorry Mods for not waiting the 7days but I thought this very topical for us.
seroposi
seroposi

Back to top Go down

RA is all in the Mind Empty Re: RA is all in the Mind

Post  tinkerbell Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 am

Hi John
Don't they just wind people up, they must think it makes good reading...not if you have RA it doesn't im sorry but you did make me laugh...don't go trying it tomorrow morning will you.
Just a thought wonder if you could sue them, if it doesn't work.
And don't worry about the rant...now that will do you good.. Very Happy
tinkerbell
tinkerbell
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  KAZ59 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:23 am

Hi John

I'm glad you have put this up. They are so full of themselves. And as you said there is no way that they can have any type of suffering pain in any shape or form. I dont have RA I have the OA, as you know had the hip replaced last year. And can infatically state that no cancelling in the world would or does help.

Lets all go for it, getting out of bed tomorrow as Barbara has said and lets see how the hospitals cope with the influx of everyone doing the same. Lets be honest jumping out of bed is something we all used to be able to do, but cannot nowadays. The amn who said that from the daily mail should be ashamed.

Sorry folks, but people who make comments like that should be ...... uurrrgg well they should should'nt they.

Arh, thats made me feel better.....
KAZ59
KAZ59
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  phoebe 63 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh dear more ammunition for the doubters. I posted it on AC LWA. Thought it would be relevant to a lot of people on there.

Elizabeth
phoebe 63
phoebe 63
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Admin Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hi John

Firstly you dont have to say sorry and the 7 day wait is more of a guide line rather than a in stone rule if you know what i mean.

And now as for RA being in the mind hmmm if Ra was in the mind why is there a test for it 2. RA is a immune system issue, 3 these poeple who write these articals in the news papers just like to cause the inosent sufferers a world of hurt , the same as these so called experts the goverment employ to make jugment on those of us who are
lagitimate claimers of benifit lives hell, becuse of those who cheat and lie there way though life.

We all have problems but it makes life so hard to live on those who are the real thing to be labled as a cheat or its all in the mind and so on and so on i could go on forever, and the only out come from illinformed journalist artical or a rushed goverment study in how to clean up the benifit system is that the people who need help are hit the hardest and its made very hard for them to sort out the misguided efforts of a desperet govement to save money.

When I had to stop work becuase of my problems aross I got a letter from the tax man saying that to get my full state pension + any othere I was £7 and somany pence short of my full controbutions for it so I paid up as soon as I could, but now my ib/esa has been stopped but my illness/disabilty dose not just stop and to see people who have never paid a penny into the system get what they want is just so insulting to all those who have paid in and now need help themselves being told no or made to jump though hoops to prove that they have an illness is just wrong, so to the self rightous juonos and do gooder poloticans who think they know everything get a life and stop punishing poeple in the UK

Mr Admin

P.S. sorry for the rant lol
Mr Admin
Mr Admin
Admin
Admin

https://acpcr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down